In light of the COVID-19 situation across the world and at home here in Australia we wanted to reassure you that the health and safety of our members is our top priority.
With extra precautions put in place, it will be business as usual at Geelong’s Gym. What we do know is that maintaining your level of fitness and overall wellbeing is extremely beneficial.
Working with health experts, we are reinforcing our health and safety procedures that exist in the space at all times to ensure that Geelong’s Gym is as safe an environment as possible for our members, staff and guests.
- Increasing hand sanitising stations
- Increased cleaning across high risk areas with hospital grade disinfectant every night
- Staff education and training on best practices in risk reduction
What we do know is that everyone’s individual hygiene standards are our best defence against COVID-19 and other viruses that traditionally appear during the winter months.
With that in mind we ask that everyone follows the following protocols and best practice when it comes to hygiene:
- Regularly washing hands for at least 20 seconds when you do so
- Consider carrying two towels with you, one to wipe down equipment and one for personal sweat on your body
- Wipe all equipment down thoroughly after using
- Do not share drink bottles or cups
To further safeguard all members we ask anyone:
• who has returned from any overseas travel in the last 14 days; or
• is experiencing signs of an infectious disease (including fever, sweats or chills);
doesn’t attend the gym until it is safe to do so.
For now, if you are practicing safe hygiene procedures and are vigilant in terms of your own health there is no reason to fear coming along to the gym.
Should you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to myself or another member of the Geelong’s Gym team.