We all know we’re supposed to eat healthy food for a strong, healthy body. But did you know your healthy food can serve more than one purpose? Not only is it good for your insides, but it can also be good for your outside!Check out what these functional foods can do for you:
- Vinegar or Lemon Juice – both of these items contain acids which can help flush out pores. Dab them onto those annoying pimples and see how effective they are at clearing up your skin.
- Parsley – not only is it great for bad breath, but it also does an excellent job healing bruises. Crush up a bunch and spread it over your bruise and watch as it decreases inflammation, reduces pain and makes your bruise fade much faster.
- Yoghurt – if you suffer from cold sores, throw some extra yoghurt in your shopping trolley. It contains acidophilus bacteria which hinders the growth of the cold sore virus.
- Sliced Potato and Cucumber – both of these vegetables are fantastic for cooling the skin and reducing swelling if you’ve managed to get a good dose of sunburn.
- Papaya – this fruit has enzymes which digest dead tissue. Take the sap from the skin of an unripe papaya and apply it to warts both morning and night.